What is calcurse?
calcurse is a calendar and scheduling application for the command line. It helps keep track of events, appointments and everyday tasks. A configurable notification system reminds user of upcoming deadlines, the curses based interface can be customized to suit user needs and a very powerful set of command line options can be used to filter and format appointments, making it suitable for use in scripts.
Never miss a release again. If you want to receive release announcements, you can add your email address to the announcement mailing list here.
Love calcurse? Contribute by writing code or make a donation to support the project.
- hooks – run scripts when loading/saving data, e.g. to put your calendar data under version control
- experimental CalDAV support – synchronize calcurse with your mobile devices!
- support for various types of appointments and TODO items, including all-day events and recurring appointments
- fast and customizable curses-based interface
- powerful non-interactive command line interface that can be used by scripts
- user-definable key bindings
- fully user-configurable notification system (ability to send mails or anything else that could remind you of your upcoming appointments)
- import capabilities with support for iCalendar format
- export capabilities with support for iCalendar and pcal formats
- ability to attach notes to each calendar element, and to edit them with your favorite text editor
- support for internationalization with texts translated to English, French, German, Dutch, Spanish and Italian
- UTF-8 support